If you own couture or highly bespoke garments, you probably fell in love with them because of their delicate fabrics, sophisticated design, and intricate embellishments. Of course, all of that one-of-a-kind-ness comes at a price. The handmade nature and uniqueness of couture clothing comes at a price and makes it an investment.
So, it should go without saying that if your wardrobe involves a large investment, it should only receive the finest possible cleaning, alterations, and repairs.
Managing couture garment cleaning is part science, part art, and something each member of the Sudsies team takes very seriously. Everyone at Sudsies is professionally trained by the National Cleaners Association, and the Dry Cleaning & Laundry Institute . They receive specialized training in how to work with specialty garments, how solutions react with fabrics, and many other best practices and innovative techniques.
At Sudsies, we’ve implemented a methodical five-step process to caring for couture clothing.
- As soon as a garment arrives, each item is hand inspected to assess the appropriate method of treatment necessary.
- The fabric type, stitching, embellishments, construction, and other designer details are analyzed.
- Every step in the cleaning process is performed by hand to ensure the utmost personal care.
- Every garment is inspected for loose buttons, trim, or embellishments. Repairs are made, if necessary.
- Each garment receives a final inspection to ensure it has been properly cleaned and finished.
Couture pieces stand out for their craftmanship and beauty. Whether it’s a newly-bought Chanel jacket, a much-loved Giambattista Valli dress, or a vintage Oscar de la Renta coat you inherited from your mother, items of this nature require the specialized attention and care that only knowledgeable professionals can provide. Rest assured, Sudsies combines experience and expertise with the greenest cutting-edge technologies to keep your couture in outstanding condition.