For over 20 years, Sudsies has been a proud leader in the eco-friendly dry-cleaning industry. We’re committed to staying green and continue to do everything we can to reduce our impact on the environment. And we’re excited to share the news that once again we’ve being recognized for our efforts!
Sudsies is receiving a 5-star rating from the Green Cleaners Council for using sustainable practices in our business – the first dry cleaners in Florida to ever receive a perfect rating! The Council is the leading authority on environmental dry-cleaning, and its rating system is the gold standard in the industry. And this is not the first time we’ve received this prestigious honor.
In 2016, our eco-conscious-focused efforts earned us the distinction of being named the first 4½ leaf dry cleaner in Florida. The panel that reviews and ranks dry cleaning companies’ eco-efforts uses such a strict scale that Sudsies remains one of just two South Florida cleaners with the merit. Part of the Council’s guidelines include:
- wet cleaning capabilities
- recycling programs (hangers, plastic, water, etc.)
- investment in equipment, technology, goods, and services that exceed regulatory requirements (use of biodegradable plastics, carpooling program)
- water and energy conservation, alternative energy programs, carbon offset programs, energy efficiency, hybrid vehicles, etc.
- education and training in environmental regulations and compliance
But we don’t rest on our laurels. We’re always looking for new ways to improve our practices. Here are some of the things we’re doing:
-Invested in European technology and specialty equipment by Miele. Wet cleaning is the most eco-friendly solution for cleaning your clothes. It uses less energy and resources than dry cleaning and doesn’t produce any toxic waste, making it the preferred method of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Using eco-friendly cleaning solvents. Sudsies PERC-free method uses water and specialized detergents. Our EPA-sanctioned process is friendly on fabrics and eliminates hazardous chemicals and toxic waste, making it safe on sensitive skin.
- Using recycled hangers. Sudsies takes pride in being South Florida’s eco-friendliest dry cleaner, which is why we use reusable hangers. Our hangers can be reused or returned to us for recycling. This helps reduce waste and ultimately saves resources.
- Reducing emissions. Our fleet of vehicles has optimized routes, meaning drivers make more pick-ups while covering fewer miles, saving fuel and reducing our carbon footprints.
We are proud of the impact we’re making but know there’s always room for improvement. So, we will continue to work hard to make Sudsies the greenest dry cleaners in South Florida. Thank you for supporting us on this journey! And feel free to contact Sudsies online or call us at 305.864.3279 to learn more about our practices.